"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

5/14/20

François Charles Mauriac Quotes


“I believe that only poetry counts ... A great novelist is first of all a great poet.” ~François Mauriac

“I write whenever it suits me. During a creative period I write every day, a novel should not be interrupted.” ~François Mauriac

“If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads, but what he rereads.” ~François Mauriac

“No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever.” ~François Mauriac

“She [Thérèse] believed that the sublime splendour of ordinary existence was hidden from those who lived embedded in it, that for them the bread of every day must lose its savour. Only hearts like hers, fated to bear an infinite frustration, could feed on its intolerable absence.” ~François Mauriac, Thérèse

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread." ~François Mauriac

“The really pure in heart know nothing of what goes on around them each day, each night; never realize what poisonous weeds spring up beneath their childish feet.”François Mauriac, Thérèse Desqueyroux

"To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others." ~François Mauriac

“We know well only what we are deprived of.” ~François Mauriac

“Du moins, sur ce trottoir où je t'abandonne,j'ai l'espérance que tu n'es pas seule.” ~François Mauriac

Abridged

"The bread of every day must lose its savour. Only hearts fated to bear an infinite frustration could feed on its intolerable absence.” ~François Mauriac, Thérèse Desqueyroux

"The sublime splendour of ordinary existence was hidden from those who lived embedded in it." ~François Mauriac, Thérèse Desqueyroux


╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝