"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

5/27/11

ELIZABETH GILBERT Quotes


♥*✿*•♥

"A true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back..." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Don't ever be ashamed of loving the strange things that make your weird little heart happy." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, you strive for it, insist upon it and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"I'm choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I'm making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises." ~Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

"If you're going to answer the call and you're going to transform and you're going to change, get ready. It is not a day at the beach." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"If you learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"My mother is not a saint or a paragon; she's just a woman who, like many mothers, tried to do her best with her kids, sometimes failing, sometimes succeeding." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognised yourself as a friend." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Never let anyone throw a pile of toxic vitriol at you, and then try to get away with it by calling themselves a "truth-teller". Honesty untempered by compassion is nothing but counterfeit virtue - and is usually just an excuse to be cruel." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"No matter who you are, or where you are, or how mundane or tough your situation may seem, I believe you can illuminate your world. In fact, I believe this is the only way the world will ever be illuminated, one bright act of grace at a time, all the way to the river."~Elizabeth Gilbert

"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Sureness is something like a neck brace, which we clamp around our lives, hoping to somehow protect ourselves from the frightening, constant whiplash of change." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

“The women whom I love and fire for their strength and grace did not get that way because shit worked out. They got that way because shit went wrong, and they handled it. They handled it in a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Time after time, we all have to learn how to kiss the face of our lives — no matter what has occurred, or what has been lost — and say: Yes. Yes, I will love you again." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow—this is a human offering that can border on miraculous." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"To find the balance you want, this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have four legs instead of two. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart, instead. That way, you will know God.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

“We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"You were given life; it is your duty...to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Your fear is the most boring thing about you." ~Elizabeth Gilbert

"Your partner is something else. That's your friend. My husband is my best friend. He's not the mirror that holds up my flaws. He's just the guy who's like, 'I think you're terrific'... It's just simple, showing up for each other." - Elizabeth Gilbert

"Your treasure - your perfection - is within you already. But to claim it, you must leave the busy commotion of the mind and abandon the desires of the ego and enter into the silence of the heart." ~Elizabeth Gilbert, (Eat, Pray, Love)

~•✿•~ ~•✿•~

OTHERS

"You can only make the best choice possible, based on what you know RIGHT NOW. Later, you may know more. Then you may be tempted to judge yourself harshly for the decision you made today. But decide right now to forgive yourself in advance for what you did not know — and could not know — today. So make your decision, and move on." ~Mother of Elizabeth Gilbert (ONWARD)

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝