"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

4/28/20

MinnieLouise Haskins Quotes


“Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.” ~Minnie Louise Haskins

“Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the Hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.” ~Minnie Louise Haskins

Source: Poem, “The Gate of the Year” – MinnieLouise Haskins (1875-1957)

Bio: Retired LSE academic Minnie Louise Haskins’ famous lines on “the gate of the year” have been used at royal occasions from George VI’s 1939 Christmas broadcast to the funeral of Elizabeth, the Queen Mother in 2002. Wikipedia

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝