"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

8/4/11

W.H. Auden Quotes


"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh." ~W. H. Auden

"And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten." ~W.H. Auden


"Cats can be very funny, and have the oddest ways of showing they're glad to see you." ~W. H. Auden

"Civilizations should be measured by the degree of diversity attained and the degree of unity retained." ~W.H. Auden

"In the deserts of the heart
Let the healing fountains start,

In the prison of his days
Teach the free man how to praise."
~W. H. Auden in "In Memory of W.B. Yeats' (1939)

“I'll love you, dear, I'll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street.” ~W. H. Auden

"Noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls." ~W.H. Auden

"The words of a dead man are modified in the guts of the living." ~W. H. Auden in "In Memory of W.B. Yeats' (1939)

"We are here on earth to be good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know." ~W.H. Auden

BIO

Wystan Hugh Auden, who published as W. H. Auden, was an Anglo-American poet, born in England, later an American citizen, and is regarded by many critics as one of the greatest writers of the 20th century. Wikipedia

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝