"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

7/13/11

Booker T. Washington Quotes


"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way." ~Booker T. Washington

"I learned that assistance given to the weak makes the one who gives it strong;
and that oppression of the unfortunate makes one weak." ~Booker T. Washington, 1856 - 1915, "Up From Slavery" (1901)

"I learned the lesson that great men cultivate love, and that only little men cherish a spirit of hatred." ~Booker T. Washington, 1856 - 1915, "Up From Slavery" (1901)

"I think I began learning long ago that those who are happiest are those who do the most for others." ~Booker T. Washington

"Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work." ~Booker T. Washington

"Success is not measured by the heights one attains, but by the obstacles one overcomes in its attainment." ~Booker T. Washington

"Success is not to be measured by the position that one has reached in life, but the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed." ~Booker T. Washington

“Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” ~Booker T. Washington

“We do not want the men of another color for our brothers-in-law, but we do want them for our brothers.” ~Booker T. Washington on Brotherhood

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝