"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

7/24/11

THOMAS JEFFERSON Quotes




"The boisterous sea of liberty is never without a wave." ~Jefferson, Thomas


"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." ~Thomas Jefferson

"But friendship is precious, not only in shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Determine never to be idle. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Experience has shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Friendship is precious not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Good wine is a necessity of life for me." ~Thomas Jefferson

“He who knows best knows how little he knows.” ~Thomas Jefferson

"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom." ~Thomas Jefferson

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have." ~Thomas Jefferson

"I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial." ~Thomas Jefferson

"I have never been able to conceive how any rational being could propose happiness to himself from the exercise of power over others." ~Thomas Jefferson

"I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty." ~Thomas Jefferson

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." ~Thomas Jefferson

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past." ~Thomas Jefferson

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Thomas Jefferson

"It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Never put off for tomorrow, what you can do today." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The happiest moments my heart knows are those in which it is pouring forth its affections to a few esteemed characters." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family." ~Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." — Thomas Jefferson

"There is not a sprig of grass that shoots uninteresting to me." ~Thomas Jefferson

Lifted from Martin Diaz Tanedo (RIP)

"Timid men prefer the calm despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~Thomas Jefferson 

"To penetrate and dissipate these clouds of darkness, the general mind must be strengthened by education." ~Thomas Jefferson

“When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property.” ~Thomas Jefferson

"When angry count to ten before you speak; if very angry count to a hundred." ~Thomas Jefferson 

"Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching." ~Thomas Jefferson 

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝