"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

9/18/20

Quotes on ENVIRONMENT and HABITAT


"I think that slavishly following or not following rules is outdated thinking. If it looks good to you and you enjoy your environment, then it's right. I see lots of designer rooms I think are ugly or tense looking to be enjoyed." ~Elsie Hickman

"Passion is lifted from the earth itself by the muddy hands of the young; it travels along grass-stained sleeves to the heart. If we are going to save environmentalism and the environment, we must also save endangered indicator species: the child in nature." ~Richard Louv (from Dance with me in the Heart)

"The environment is in us, not outside of us. The trees are our lungs, the rivers our bloodstream. We are all interconnected, and what you do to the environment, ultimately you do to yourself." ~Ian Somerhalder

"Traveling comes in various styles- my style is walking slowly as I carefully observe people and the environment. While some like people find traveling alone boring, I don’t. I like to observe, appreciate and give thanks to God for every beautiful scene." ~Mirella Macatula 

“When you are where wild bears live you learn to pay attention to the rhythm of the land and yourself. Bears not only make the habitat rich, they enrich us just by being.” ~Linda Jo Hunter

OTHERS

“In the woods we return to reason and faith.”  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore..." ~Lord Byron

"Within National Parks is room--glorious room--room in which to find ourselves, in which to think and hope, to dream and plan, to rest and resolve."  ~Enos Mills