"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

3/17/12

Virginia Woolf Quotes


"Anon, who wrote so many poems without signing them, was often a woman.” ~Virginia Woolf

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." ~Virginia Woolf

"But what is more to the point is my belief that the habit of writing thus for my own eye only is good practice. It loosens the ligaments." ~Virginia Woolf

"But when we sit together, close, we melt into each other with phrases. We are edged with mist. We make an unsubstantial territory." ~Virginia Woolf

"Every face, every shop, bedroom window, public-house, and dark square is a picture feverishly turned--in search of what? It is the same with books. What do we seek through millions of pages?" ~Virginia WoolF

"For most of history, Anonymous was a woman." ~Virginia Woolf

“For pleasure has no relish unless we share it.” ~Virginia Woolf

“He smiled the most exquisite smile, veiled by memory, tinged by dreams.” ~Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

"How many times have people used a pen or a paintbrush because they couldn't pull
the trigger?" ~Virginia Woolf 

"Humor is the first of the gifts to perish in a foreign tongue." ~Virginia Woolf

"I am overwhelmed with things I ought to have written about and never found the proper words." ~Virginia Woolf

"I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time. It expands later, and thus we don't have complete emotions about the present, only about the past." ~Virginia Woolf

"I desired always to stretch the night and fill it fuller and fuller with dreams." ~Virginia Woolf, The Waves

"I have a deeply hidden and inarticulate desire for something beyond the daily life." ~Virginia Woolf

"I want the concentration and the romance, and the worlds all glued together, fused, glowing: have no time to waste any more on prose." ~Virginia Woolf

"I would venture to guess that Anon, who wrote so many poems without signing them, was often a woman." ~Virginia Woolf

"It is no use trying to sum people up. One must follow hints, not exactly what is said, nor yet entirely what is done." ~Virginia Woolf (1882-1941)

"It is our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top." ~Virginia Woolf

"Lighthouses are endlessly suggestive signifiers of both human isolation and our ultimate connectedness to each other." ~Virginia Woolf

"Love, the poet said, is woman's whole existence." ~Virginia Woolf

"Masterpieces are not single and solitary births; they are the outcome of many years of thinking in common, of thinking by the body of the people, so that the experience of the mass is behind the single voice." ~Virginia Woolf (1882-1941)

"My mind works in idleness.  To do nothing is often my most profitable way."~Virginia Woolf

“No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.” ~Virginia Woolf

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." ~Virginia Woolf

"Read a thousand books and your words will flow like a river." ~Virginia Woolf

"Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends." ~Virginia Woolf

"Sometimes I think heaven must be one continuous unexhausted reading." ~Virginia Woolf 

"The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages." ~Virginia Woolf

"The world is crammed with delightful things" ~Virginia Woolf

"These are the soul's changes. I don't believe in ageing. I believe in altering one's aspect to the sun. Hence my optimism." ~Virginia Woolf

"To walk alone in London is the greatest rest" ~Virginia Woolf

"Women have burnt like beacons in all the works of all the poets from the beginning of time." ~Virginia Woolf 

"Women have served all these centuries as looking -glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of man at twice its natural size." ~Virgin Woolf 

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life." ~Virginia Woolf from BrainyQuite

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝