"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

3/13/12

Thought for Today - Humility

"Humility grows a little more each time I step away from my own feelings and opinions and genuinely listen to the experience of another human being. Humility is dedication to the extent that no acknowledgement is sought for the self. Only when I have learned to value others no more or less than I value myself can I be said to be truly humble."

"Humility is the sign of greatness. To the extent that you are great, you are accordingly humble because you are constantly full. Just as a fully-laden tree would be bowing down, so, humility does service, and those who remain humble receive respect from everyone. No one gives respect to those who have arrogance; they run away from such a person. Wherever those who are humble go and whatever they do, they will always give happiness. Everyone will experience happiness from them." ~Thought for Today-UK

"Humility puts a hand out to nothing extra, but simply takes what's there. Whether that be food or clothing or understanding. Sometimes there is a lot available and sometimes only a little. It doesn't matter. Even when you understand nothing, there is no worry, for in humility there is the trust that if a person feels themselves to be a child of God, everything will come anyway at the right time." ~Thought for Today-UK