"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

12/18/11

WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS Quotes


"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." ~William Butler Yeats

“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” ~William Butler Yeats

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." ~William Butler Yeats

"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure, nor this thing nor that, but simply growth." ~W.B. Yeats

"I know that I shall meet my fate somewhere among the clouds above; those that I fight I do not hate, those that I guard I do not love." ~William Butler Yeats

"I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." ~W.B. Yeats

"I spit into the face of time that has transfigured me.” ~W. B. Yeats

"If what I say resonates with you, it's merely because we are branches of the same tree." ~William Butler Yeats

"In books lies the soul of the whole past time the articulate audible voice of the past when the body and material substance of it has altogether vanished like a dream." ~William Butler Yeats

"Joy is of the will which labours, which overcomes obstacles, which knows triumph." ~William Butler Yeats (13 June 1865 - 28 January 1939)

"Man is in love and loves what vanishes,
What more is there to say?" ~WB Yeats

"The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." ~W.B. Yeats

"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober." ~William Butler Yeats

"Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold .... surly some revelation is at hand." ~W.B. Yeats

"Words are always getting conventionalized to some secondary meaning. It is one of the works of poetry to take the truants in custody and bring them back to their right senses." ~William Butler Yeats

⊰✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•* ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.

VERSES

⊰✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•* ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.

"Down by the sally gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the sally gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree."
~William Butler Yeats

♥*✿*•♥

"Peace comes dropping slow
Dropping from the veils of the morning
To where the crickets sing."
~William Butler Yeats

♥*✿*•♥

"There are no strangers here;
Only friends you haven't yet met."
~William Butler Yeats

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝