"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

7/12/11

T. S. Eliot Quotes


Rose Amphitheatre, Cook Park, Orange NSW

"Footfalls echo in the memory,
Down the passage which we did not take,
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden." 
~T. S. Eliot on Love

"April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain." ~T. S. Eliot from Everyman's Library

"For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning."
~T.S. Elliot

"Humankind cannot stand very much reality." ~T. S. Eliot

"I have measured out my life in coffee spoons" ~T. S. Eliot

"I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates." ~T.S. Elito (1888-1965)

"I grow old … I grow old … I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled." and "October is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire." (I know it's April--I live in the month of October in dread) ~T. S. Eliot

"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different." ~T.S. Eliot

"In a world of fugitives
The person taking the opposite direction
Will appear to run away." ~T.S. Eliot

"In thy beauty lie the dilemma of flutes." ~T.S. Eliot

"Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right; decide on what you think is right and stick to it." ~T.S. Eliot

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T.S. Eliot

“The journey not the arrival matters.” ~T.S. Elliot

“The purpose of literature is to turn blood into ink.” ~T.S Eliot

"To do the useful thing,
to say the courageous thing,
to contemplate the beautiful thing:
that's enough for one man's life." ~T.S. Eliot

"To make an end is to make a beginning." ~T.S. Eliot

“When forced to work within a strict framework, the imagination is taxed to its utmost – and will produce its richest ideas. Given total freedom, the work is likely to sprawl.” ~TS Elliot

“Where is the LIFE
We have lost in living?
Where is the WISDOM
We have lost in KNOWLEDGE?
Where is the knowledge 
We have lost in INFORMATION?
~T.S. Eliot

"You are invulnerable, you have no Achilles' hill. You will go on, and when you have prevailed, you can say: many a one has failed." ~T. S. Eliot

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝