"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

7/23/11

Marcus Valerius Martialis Quotes

"Conceal a flaw and the world will imagine the worst." ~Marcus Valerius Martialis

"Life is not merely to be alive, but to be well." ~Marcus Valerius Martialis

"My books need no one to accuse or judge you: the page which is yours stands up against you and says, "You are a thief." ~Marcus Valerius Martial on Plagiarism

13 January 2008, Home Vineyard, Orange NSW

"Why do strong arms fatigue themselves with frivolous dumbbells? To dig a vineyard is worthier exercise for men." ~Marcus Valerius Martialis