"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

7/7/11

Henry Matisse Quotes


"A picture must possess a real power to generate light and for a long time now I've been conscious of expressing myself through light rather than in light." ~Henri Matisse

“Creative people are curious, flexible, persistent, and independent with a tremendous spirit of adventure and a love of play.” ~Henri Matisse

"Creativity takes courage." ~Henri Matisse

"I have always tried to hide my own efforts and wished my works to have the lightness and joyousness of a springtime which never lets anyone suspect the labours it cost." ~Henry Matisse

"It has bothered me all my life that I do not paint like everybody else." ~Henri Matisse

"It is not quantity which counts with colors, but choice and organization." ~Henri Matisse on art


Macquarie University Campus 
26 September 2023

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them." ~Henri Matisse

"What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or depressing subject matter, a soothing, calming influence on the mind, rather like a good armchair which provides relaxation from physical fatigue." ~Henri Matisse

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝