"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

8/11/13

Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Quotes


♥*✿*•♥

"Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful." ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"Friendship is a serious affection; the most sublime of all affections, because it is founded on principle, and cemented by time." ~Mary Shelley (from Shadowlands)

"My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free." ~Mary Shelley (1797-1851)

"Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose - a point in which the soul may fix its intellectual eye." ~Mary Shelley

"Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change." ~Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Frankenstein

"Taught from infancy that beauty is woman's scepter, the mind shapes itself to the body, and roaming round its gilt cage, only seeks to adorn its prison." ~Mary Shelley (1797-1851)

"Teach him to think for himself? Oh, my God, teach him rather to think like other people!" ~Mary Shelley (1797-1851)

"... the companions of our childhood always possess a certain power over our minds which hardly any later friend can obtain." ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

"We are unfashioned creatures, but half made up, if one wiser, better, dearer than ourselves — such a friend ought to be — do not lend his aid to perfectionate our weak and faulty natures." ~Victor Frankenstein from FRANKENSTEIN by Mary Shelley

"What terrified me will terrify others; and I need only describe the specter which had haunted my midnight pillow." ~Mary Shelley (1797-1851)

“When falsehood can look so like the truth, who can assure themselves of certain happiness?” ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein from Everyman's Library

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝