"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

6/21/11

Thought for Today - Respect

"It is always easy to expect and demand respect from others. It is simple to criticise others for not being respectful or for being rude or for not showing the proper appreciation. It is difficult to ask respect from myself. Without respect I can never gain respect from others. Without self-respect I will always be performing self-defeating actions. Without self-respect I will always be looking outside myself and will constantly be at the whims and fancies of other people's dispositions. I cannot get respect by asking for it. I only receive it when I give it to myself and to others." ~Thought for Today-UK