"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

6/28/11

JOHN BURROUGHS Quotes


"A somebody was once a nobody who wanted to and did." ~John Burroughs

"Few persons realize how much of their happiness is dependent upon their work, upon the fact that they are busy and not left to feed upon themselves. Blessed is the person who has some congenial work, some occupation in which to place one's heart, and which affords a complete outlet to all the forces that are in him or her." ~John Burroughs

"For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice." ~John Burroughs

"How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days." ~John Burroughs

"I go to books and to nature as a bee goes to the flower, for a nectar that I can make into my own honey." ~John Burroughs  

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." ~John Burroughs

‎"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." ~John Burroughs

"It is the life of the crystal, the architect of the flake, the fire of the frost, the soul of the sunbeam. This crisp winter air is full of it." ~John Burroughs, "Winter Sunshine"

"Leap, and the net will appear." ~John Burroughs

"Nothing relieves and ventilates the mind like a resolution." ~John Burroughs

"One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things." ~John Burroughs

“The bluebird enjoys the preeminence of being the first bit of color that cheers our northern landscape."  ~John Burroughs

"The Kingdom of Heaven is not a place, but a state of mind." ~John Burroughs

"The tendonous part of the mind, so to speak, is more developed in winter; the fleshy, in summer. I should say winter had given the bone and sinew to literature, summer the tissues and the blood." ~John Burroughs

"To find the universal elements enough;
to find the air and the water exhilarating;
to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter;
to be thrilled by the stars at night;
to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring —
these are some of the rewards of the simple life."
~John Burroughs

"To learn something new, take the path that you took yesterday." ~John Burroughs

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝