"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

3/22/20

SKAIDRITE DARIUS Quotes


"I did a lot to understand the male world so we could speak the same language." ~ ~Skaidrite Darius

"I would say, believe in yourself and do what you want to do. If you don't believe in yourself, you can't do anything." ~Skaidrite Darius, 92years old,

"Many decisions were made at the pub. We would go for a glass of beer. In those days, men weren't allowed to drink with women but the publican would close his eyes and let us go. I felt my male peers did accept me and did respect me." ~Skaidrite Darius

"What I found out later is that my male colleagues had taken up my cause and lobbied for me to keep my job. That's when I really felt accepted." ~Skaidrite Darius

"Women have come far, but not far enough in terms of being treated equally, including with pay rates." ~Skaidrite Darius

"We are all human beings. The only difference is biological. This has always been my issue. We are all the same. We should be judged on our ability and not our gender." ~Skaidrite Darius

Bio

Skaidrite Darius fled Latvia as the Russians undertook mass deportations in the wake of World War II.

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝