"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

5/30/10

Lori Erickson - live and learn the lessons

"I know that my moments of joy will pass, but so will my pains and sorrows. I will try to live them, learn their lessons, and let them go. And in the meantime, a few laugh lines are proof that I've enjoyed the journey along the way."~Lori Erickson, The Holy Rover

Additional Note: 

Lori referred to the statement I quoted above to the concept of wabi-sabi which she explained as such:

Wabi-sabi is a term that describes the beauty to be found in imperfection. It originates in Japan, where artists will often leave a crack in a piece of pottery or a flaw in the design of a kimono as a reminder of the wabi-sabi nature of life. Wabi-sabi recognizes that all of life is in a constant state of change, and that decay is as much a part of life as growth.

Source: Inspiration Line