"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

6/1/12

Toni Morrison Quotes


"At some point in life, the world's beauty becomes enough." ~Toni Morrison

"Don't ever think I fell for you, or fell over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it. I saw you and made up my mind." ~Toni Morrison

“Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” ~Toni Morrison, Beloved

"I always look upon the acts of racist exclusion, or insult, as pitiable, from the other person. I never absorbed that. I always thought that there was something that deficient about such people." ~Toni Morrison

"I see your life as already artful, just waiting and ready for you to make it art." ~Toni Morrison

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison

“If you want to fly you have to give up the things that weigh you down.” ~Toni Morrison

“Love your hands! Love them. Raise them up and kiss them… Love your neck; put a hand on it, grace it, stroke it and hold it up… Love your heart. For this is the prize.” ~Toni Morrison

"The function, the very serious function of racism is distraction. It keeps you from doing your work. It keeps you explaining, over and over again, your reason for being." ~ Toni Morrison

"The theme you choose may change or simply elude you, but being your own story means you can always choose the tone. It also means that you can invent the language to say who you are and what you mean." ~Toni Morrison


╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝