"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

6/1/12

Cris Abbu Quotes


♥*✿*•♥

"I believe that in life we are always given possibilities but it is all up to us to explore these. It is also our responsibility to discern, to discern well and to welcome it with open heart and an open mind." ~Cris Abbu, UTS, FB 21 January 2013

"If the heart has its reasons, the mind sure has its own as well." ~Cris Abbu, 22 September 2013, FB

"Kohlberg's cognitive development theory is linked to 'moral development as the capacity for moral thinking increases and develops with age.' In other words, people have a propensity to become increasingly ethical as they grow older." ~Cris Abbu, UTS, FB, 26 May 2012



"Night draws near
Only the sounds of birds I hear
and the strange noises
beyond the shadows of the trees
standing without a care.
A cat purrs
but my words rush out unrelenting
And so I write the night away. -
at a borrowed 'writer's cottage'
in The Shore." 
~Cris Abbu, 
23 July 2012
(Whale Beach)

"The best thing about doing something that you have longed to do for yourself is when it is finished and accomplished, and you feel good, fulfilled and happy about it, you can go back to the things that also bring you equal joy - things that have been sacrificed and ceased (doing) but have never been forgotten. Music is one." ~Cris Abbu

"Today, I pay respect to the Aboriginal people, the Eora people, who are the traditional owners and custodians of this Land. I pay respect to their culture and to their Elders past and present.
I pay respect to Non-Indigenous people and acknowledge and respect their culture in the manner and way that they have respected and welcomed mine. To the Land girt by sea with beauty rich and rare, HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!" ~Cris Abbu, 26 January 2016

2015

"I met Frank Gehry the other day because the building was officially opened last Feb 2. He gave a talk. He said he usually makes 50 or so models before choosing the final one because he's eternally curious. According to Gehry, we must not lose our sense of wonder and curiousity. He said he loves Australia because Oz has many similarities with Canada." ~Cris Abbu , 5 February 2015 on the creator of The Paper Bag building.

"With my idol and one of my mentors who influenced my writings (and the way I write academic papers), and who also influenced my research interests. Who else but Dr. Stewart Clegg, one of the world's best (Who's Who in the world) and one of the world's most prolific writers (5 years ago, over 200 plus books and journal articles). To him I give my utmost respect and thanks." ~Cris Abbu, 3 February 2015 on her Conferment Day in PhD in Budiness, UTS held at Dr Chau Chak Wing Bldg, designed by a world renown architect Frank O. Gerry.

Note: Cris (Girlie to her family and close friends is currently teaching at UTS, Sydney, at the same time a Researcher for NSW Ministerial Government. She is a younger sister of Dr. Cris Cecil C. Abbu, a well-loved Orthopaedic Surgeon of Sacred Heart Hospital at SWU. Dr. Abbu met his Maker last 24th July 2014 in Cebu City through a tragic accident. Sadly his life ended there. My deepest condolence to his bereaved wife, Dr. Amy Escobar Abbu, to his father, Retired Dr. Crisostomo Abbu, siblings: Cyril, Inday, Girlie and Christian and nephews and nieces.

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝