"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

5/17/16

Quotes on MOTHERS

"MOTHER...the greatest unconditional and infinite love we will ever experience in our existence..." ~GB Life
"A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them." ~Anon

‪"A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories." ~Honore de Balzac‬

"A mother's heart is a song that puts rhythm in your soul." ~Nusrat Ahmed, Family Friend Poems

‪"A mother's heart is always with her children." ~Anon‬

‪"A mother's love endures from your first breath to her last." ~Susan Gale Wickes‬

“A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world.” ~Agatha Christie

"A mother has a backbone made of steel and a heart made of gold." ~Mar Razalan "Dewdrops"

“A mother is the truest friend we have when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity.” ~Washington Irving

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." ~Washington Irving

"A mother never realizes that her children are no longer children." ~Holbrook Jackson

“A mother understands what a child does not say.” ~Jewish Proverb

"A mother's yearning feels the presence of the cherished child even in the degraded man." ~Anon

"A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy - the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother's love." ~Thomas C Haliburton

"Appreciate the food your mother cooks for you. Some don't have food others don't have mothers." ~from The Law of Attraction

"Being a mother means that your heart is no longer yours: it wanders wherever your children do." ~Joy of Mom

"FILIPINO MOTHERS DESIGN THEIR CHILDREN's DESTINY" ~Jo Koy, You Tube, October 7, 2017

"For that's what a woman, a mother wants -- to teach her children to take an interest in life. She knows it's safer for them to be interested in other people's happiness than to believe in their own." ~Athenus

“God cannot be everywhere, and therefore he made MOTHERS." ~Rudyard Kipling

"He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves." ~Gabriel García Márquez, Love in the Time of Cholera

"I can spend hours watching and listening to Mother Nature. She is a dear friend." ~Anthony Douglas Williams

"I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me." ~Antonio Villaraigosa

"I know I'm a good mother. I care and I dare. I care enough to let you go, but I dare enough to follow you." ~Maya Angelou

 "If I had a flower for each time I thought of my mother,  I could walk in my garden forever." ~Jane Maxwell,  from her book with the same title 

"In honour of this special day (8 May 2016), we would like to thank all mothers around the world for the spectacular job they do. As warm and nurturing as a cup of tea, there is no better medicine than a mother's love! Happy Mother's Day!" ~Dilmah Tea

"It is the Mothers, not the Warriors, who create a people and guide their destiny." ~Sioux

"It takes someone really brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise a child and someone special to love someone more than herself." ~Lily Dancel, Copyright@Lily

"Let's fly to the blue sky like a lovely butterfly and remove the pain of all mothers. Asking God to grant a healthy, wealthy, and happy life to all mothers in the world." ~Roya Piragar

"Life doesn't come with a manual. It comes with a mother." ~Anon

“Men are what their mothers made them." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Mom should be like a quilt: keep her kids warm, without suffocating them." ~Anon

‪"Moms are the people who know us the best and love us the most." ~Anon‬

“Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” ~Cheryl Lacey Donovan

"Mother is far too clever to understand anything she does not like." ~Arnold Bennett

"Mother is the blessing that no one can replace." ~Native Americans

"Mothers are like glue. Even when you can't see them, they're still holding the family together." ~Susan Gale

“Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.”  ~ Erich Fromm

“Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.”  ~Robert Browning

"Motherhood gives you the strength and power to push through life!" ~from A Mom's Life Uncut

“Mum, thank you for teaching me to weather the storm while still holding the hope to dance in the rain.” ~Anon

"My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune." ~Anon

"My mother taught me about the power of inspiration and courage, and she did it with a strength and a passion that I wish could be bottled." ~Carly Fiorina

"Next to God, the mother's power for good is the strongest known on earth." ~E.G. White

"Nobody hides pain better than a mother who's  trying to remain  strong for her kids." ~from Beauty of Life 

"Nothing can replace a mother's love for her child. Nothing." ~A.D. Williams

‪"Nothing is stronger than a mother's love for her children." ~Nametests‬

"On earth, there is no greater love than a mother's love." ~Nenita Yu Garcia 

"Our mother said she was like Mary, with her heart on the outside of her chest." ~August

"Our mothers give us life, listen to us and are always there for us." ~from Nametests

"Our self-image is influenced not only by our genetic connection to our mothers, but by our emotional relationship to her as well. Observational studies suggest that our first moments of self-awareness are experienced through seeing ourselves in the mirror of our mother's eyes." — Dr. Vivian Diller, author

"Regardless of whether you are famous or not, you will never have a bigger fan than your mother." ~Linda

“Some of my earliest and fondest memories of my mother are of her kneeling at the side of per bed every night and praying. As a child, I would always get very close to her as she prayed. I would put my ear as close as I could to her mouth and try my best to hear what she was saying to God, but I never could make out the words. Today, being married to an addict myself, I'm pretty sure I know exactly what she was praying.” ~Barbara Bice, Just Right

"Sometimes, when you're in silence you can hear her, you can perceive her." ~Anon, on Mother

"Successful mothers are not the ones who have never struggled. They are the ones who NEVER GIVE UP, despite the struggles." ~Sharon Jaynes

“The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.” ~Elaine Heffner

"The most beautiful word on the lips of mankind is the word 'Mother,' and the most beautiful call is the call of 'My mother.' It is a word full of hope and love, a sweet and kind word coming from the depths of the heart. The mother is everything – she is our consolation in sorrow, our hope in misery, and our strength in weakness. She is the source of love, mercy, sympathy, and forgiveness." ~Kahlil Gibran 

"The mother as a social servant instead of a home servant will not lack in true mother duty. From her work, loved and honored though it is, she will return to her home life, the child life, with an eager, ceaseless pleasure, cleansed of all the fret and fraction and weariness that so mar it now." ~Charlotte Gillman

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." ~Henry Ward Beecher

"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found." ~Calvin Trillin

"The unconditional love of a mother is eternal... an imprint on our hearts. Here’s to those who first held us, to those who have the heart of a mother and to those that whom heaven holds." ~Engelbert Humperdinck

“There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” ~M. Russell Ballard

"To a mother, a child is everything, but to a child, parents are only a link in the chain of their existence." ~Felix Ortega

"We all know that being a mom is one of the toughest jobs out there, but also one of the most rewarding. From sleepless nights to endless love, mothers truly deserve to be celebrated every day." ~Maison Blue Wines 

"What a mother sings to the cradle goes all the way down to the coffin." ~Henry Ward Beecher

"When you look into your mother's eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth." ~Mitch Albom

"Who takes the child by the hand takes the mother by the heart." ~German Proverb


RELATED QUOTES

"A man's mother is his misfortune, but his wife is his fault." ~Walter Bagehot

"Home is where your Mom is!" ~Anon

"I cannot think of anyone stronger than a mother who has lost her child and still breathes." ~Robyna May

“I will teach my daughter to color outside the lines, to make mistakes, to take risks, and not be afraid to fail. I will teach her that even when the world tries to knock her down the best revenge is getting up and forging ahead. I will teach her to be brave enough to be different, to stand up for what's right. To never quiet her voice to make someone else feel comfortable. Because no one remembers the person that fits in. It's the one who stands out that people won't be able to forget.” ~Nancy Arroyo Ruffin

"Let's teach our daughters it's not about being beautiful. Teach them to be bold. Be silly. Be strong. Be confident. Be independent and intelligent. Be brave and be fierce. Be real in a world full of fakes. Let's redefine beauty." ~Anon

⊰✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•* ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.

VERSE

⊰✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•* ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.

"I know I'm a good mother.
I care and I dare.
I care enough to let you go,
But I dare enough to follow you."
~Maya Angelou

♥*✿*•♥

SOMEBODY'S MOTHER

Somebody's mother today
Will linger by her phone
Hoping one child will call
Before the day has flown.
Somebody's mother will weep,
Heartbroken and stunned tonight,
Because her children gone
Forgot to call or write.
Somebody's mother somewhere
Will kiss with lips of grief,
Portraits of children grown
And cry herself to sleep."
~Judith Land

~•✿•~ ~•✿•~

"You hear my pain when everyone else goes deaf
You always make smile when I think I can't.
You listen to my secrets and make them yours.
You give me a hug when I can't find my voice.
You wipe away the tears that the world makes me weep.
You mean more to me than you'll ever know.

You're my best friend.
You're my guardian angel.
You're my mum!"
- DemonicAngel08

Source: The Best Mother's Day Quotes


╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝