"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

11/5/14

Quotes by HOMER


"A guest never forgets the host who had treated him kindly." ~Homer

"Be still my heart; thou hast known worse than this." ~Homer (900 BC-800 BC)

"But curb thou the high spirit in thy breast,
for gentle ways are best,
and keep aloof from sharp contentions."
~Homer (900 BC-800 BC)

“Even his griefs are a joy long after to one that remembers all that he wrought and endured.” ~Homer, The Odyssey

"It is equally offensive to speed a guest who would like to stay and to detain one who is anxious to leave." ~Homer (900 BC-800 BC)

"It is wrong to sorrow without ceasing." ~Homer

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing, and dancing sooner than war." ~Homer (900 BC-800 BC)

“Soft as some song divine, thy story flows.” ~Homer ("Smyrns of Chios") on Story telling

"Speak good things,
Words have wings."
~Homer, Greek Poet

"Still, we will let all this be a thing of the past, though it hurts us, and beat down by constraint the anger that rises inside us. Now I am making an end of my anger. It does not become me, unrelentingly to rage on." ~Homer

"To labour is the lot of man below; And when Jove gave us life, he gave us woe." ~Homer ("Smyrns of Chios") on Labor

"Words empty as the wind are best left unsaid." ~Homer

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝