"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

7/22/12

Tom Walsh Quotes

"Giving is one of the best ways there is to augment our own awareness of what we really do have in life, and when we see the effects of what we give on others--even if the effects aren't immediate, we have to trust that there will be effects--then we can appreciate more the many gifts that we do have, as well as our power to contribute positively to the world. When we're able to look at something that we have and realize that someone else could probably use it more or in better ways, then we can start to see the power of letting go of things in our lives." ~Tom Walsh

"I believe that the most important thing to consider when thinking about forgiveness is the effect that it has on ourselves. Forgiveness isn't always about the person being forgiven; often, that person will have asked forgiveness and will be very grateful when we do forgive, but probably more often we need to forgive for our own sakes." ~Tom Walsh

"I want my view of the world to be a view filled with wonder and awe, and carrying a grudge taints that view; I'm the one who suffers from my own inability to forgive; just as I'm the only one who can save myself from that suffering by putting things behind me where they belong." ~Tom Walsh

"There's a whole day ahead of me, today, tomorrow, and the next day. What I contribute to each of these days is, in short, my contribution to the world. So what am I going to do? Shall I contribute to the positive energy of the world, or to the negative? The choice always is mine." ~Tom Walsh