"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

7/2/12

Shunryu Suzuki Quotes

"If you do things because you should do them, then this is real practice." ~Shunryu Suzuki

"No teaching could be more direct than just to sit down." ~Shunryu Suzuki

"The point we emphasize is strong confidence in our original nature."

"Things are always changing, so nothing can be yours." ~Shunryu Suzuki

"What we call "I" is just a swinging door which moves when we inhale and exhale." ~Shunryu Suzuki

"Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure."
~~Shunryu Suzuki