"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

8/12/10

John Andrew Holmes Quotes


“A ten-word epigram to be accurate needs a ten-page footnote, yet what it lacks in accuracy it makes up in nimbleness” ~John Andrew Holmes on Epitaphs and epigrams

"Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action, where it often substitutes for both." ~John Andrew Holmes

"There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up." ~John Andrew Holmes