"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

11/23/09

Melody Beattie's Wisdom



FOT 2009 - Taupo, New Zealand
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." ~Melody Beattie
"Letting go doesn't mean we don't care.
Letting go doesn't mean we shut down.
Letting go means we stop trying to force outcomes and make people behave.
It means we give up resistance to the way things are, for the moment.
It means we stop trying to do the impossible--controlling that which we cannot
and instead, focus on what is possible--which usually means taking care of ourselves.
And we do this in gentleness, kindness, and love, as much as possible. ~Melody Beattie
OTHERS

"Accept yourself. Love yourself as you are. Your finest work, your best movements, your joy, peace and healing comes when you love yourself. You give a great gift to the world when you do that. You give others permission to do the same: to love themselves. Revel in self-love. Roll in it. Bask in it as you would sunshine." ~Melody Beattie

“Boundaries emerge from deep within. They are connected to letting go of guilt and shame, and to changing our beliefs about what we deserve. As our thinking about this becomes clearer, so will our boundaries. Boundaries are also connected to a Higher Timing than our own. We’ll set a limit when we’re ready, and not a moment before. So will others. There’s something magical about reaching that point of becoming ready to set a limit. We know we mean what we say; others take us seriously too. Things change, not because we’re controlling others, but because we’ve changed.” ~Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go: Hazelden Meditation Series from Sye Of Relief

"Cultivate the art of listening to your intuition, your inner voice. This is the guidance of your heart." ~Melody Beattie

"Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity...it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." ~Melody Beattie

"Gratitude unlocks the fulness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity." ~Melody Beattie from I am Complete Women's Retreat

"Let go of your expectations. The universe will do what it will. Sometimes your dreams will come true. Sometimes they won't. Sometimes when you let go of a broken dream, another one gently takes its place. Be aware of what is, not what you would like to be, taking place." ~Melody Beattie

"Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress." ~Melody Beattie

"Live your life from your heart. Share from your heart. And your story will touch and heal people's souls." ~Melody Beattie

"Live your life from your heart and your story will touch and heal people's souls." ~ Melody Beattie

"Sometimes compromise is important. Sometimes it's better to give in to someone else's wishes in order to have fun as a group or as a couple, or for the benefit of the team. Sometimes compromise is dangerous. We need to guard against compromising our standards to gain the approval or love of someone else. … Decide when you can, and when you cannot, compromise. If it's not harmful and you are ambivalent about a decision, then compromise. If it could lead to breaking your values, compromise isn't a good idea." ~Melody Beattie

"Taking time to rest, renew and refresh yourself isn't wasted time. Recharge. Choose what energises you." ~Melody Beattie 

“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” ~Melody Beattie

"Today I will do something just for the fun of it. I will find something to do that’s just for me, and I won’t worry about what I “should” be doing. I will learn how to make myself feel good and enjoy life to the fullest." ~Melody Beattie

"Today I will not wait for someone else to come to my aid.I am not helpless.Although help may come,I am my own rescuer.My relationships will dramatically improve when i stop rescuing others and stop expecting others to rescue me." ~Melody Beattie

"Today I will stop trying to control my relationships. I will participate at a reasonable level and let the other person do the same. I can let go, knowing that the relationship will find its own life-or not-and that I don't have to do all the work, only my share." ~Melody Beattie

"Today I will tell myself that I'm lovable. Just because some people haven't been able to love me in ways that worked doesn't mean that I'm unlovable. I've had lessons to learn, and some of them have hurt deeply, but I can still love, and I still am loved." ~Melody Beattie

"You have been led. Many were the moments when you thought you were forgotten, when when you were convinced you had been abandoned. Now you know you have been guided." ~Melody Beattie

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝