"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

8/27/10

King George V - Six Treasured Maxims

Teach me to be obedient to the rules of the game;

Teach me to distinguish between sentiment and sentimentality, admiring the one and despising the other;

Teach me neither to proffer nor receive cheap praises;

If I am called upon to suffer let me be like a well-bred beast that goes away to suffer in silence;

Teach me to win, if I may; if I may not, then above all teach me to be a good loser;

Teach me neither to cry for the moon nor over spilt milk.

Source: The Friendship Book of Francis Gay, 1981