"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

4/18/21

HRH PRINCE PHILIP


Quotes :

"To have been spared in the war,  and seen victory, to have been given the chance to rest and to re-adjust myself, to have fallen in love completely and unreservedly,  makes all one's personal and even the world's troubles seem small and petty." ~Prince Philip 

TRIBUTE FROM Queen Elizabeth II and Family 

“He has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years." ~ Queen Elizabeth II on Philip, died at 99, April 9, 2021

“I owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim, or we shall ever know.” ~Queen Elizabeth II on Prince Philip, died April 9, 2021 

“My grandfather was an extraordinary man and part of an extraordinary generation." ~A message from Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge following the death of The Duke of Edinburgh

“You know it’s going to happen but you are never really ready. My father has been my teacher, my supporter and my critic, but mostly it is his example of a life well lived and service freely given that I most wanted to emulate. His ability to treat every person as an individual in their own right with their own skills comes through all the organisations with which he was involved." ~Prince Anne, The Princess Royal following the death of her father, The Duke of Edinburgh. 




Funeral Service
St George Chapel 
Windsor Castle 
April 17, 2021
Televised ABC iView

Dean of Windsor, David Conner tribute to the "most illustrious Prince."

"We remember the many ways in which his long life has been a blessing to us.

"We have been inspired by his unwavering loyalty to our Queen.

"Our lives have been enriched through the challenges that he has set us, the encouragement that he has given us, his kindness, humour and humanity."

Source: ABC News/Nick Dole, European Correspondent 

~•✿•~ ~•✿•~

TRIBUTES FROM THE PEOPLE 

"He was a good public servant. He was a colourful man. And he was the glue for the royal family." ~Kaya Mar,  Paint Artist 

"May God hold her in the palm of His hand and give her comfort during this time.  God bless." ~John Kita on Queen Elizabeth II's husband Prince Philip death, April 17, 2021

"One heartbreaking thing in life that sadly affects us all is having to lose those we love." ~Helen Waters on Prince Philip Funeral, April 17, 2021