"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

9/10/15

QUEEN ELIZABETH II Quotes


Queen Elizabeth II passed away September 8, 2022 at Balmoral Castle, age 96, after her 70th year reign. She's the longest serving Monarch in history.

Photo Credit: British Monarchist League, FB


"Although that vow was made in my salad days, when I was green in judgment, I do not regret nor retract one word of it." ~Queen Elizabeth II's reflection of her vow to devote her life to service during the Silver Jubilee in 1977

"But nothing that can be said can begin to take away the anguish and the pain of these moments. Grief is the price we pay for love." ~Elizabeth II

"He has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years." ~Queen Elizabeth II on The Duke of Edinburgh's 95th birthday (June 10, 2016)

"I began to understand the esprit de corps that flourishes in the face of adversity." ~Princess Elizabeth, age 18

"I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion," ~Queen Elizabeth (proclaimed in 1957).

"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong," ~Queen Elizabeth II

"I have in sincerity pledged myself to your service, as so many of you are pledged to mine. Throughout all my life and with all my heart I shall strive to be worthy of your trust." ~Queen Elizabeth II (In an evening address following her Coronation in June 1953. She became a Queen at the age of 25).

“Inevitably a long life can pass by many milestones; my own is no exception. But I thank you all, and the many others at home and overseas, for your touching messages of great kindness.” ~Queen Elizabeth 9 September 2015

“It is true that the world has had to confront moments of darkness this year, but the gospel of John contains a verse of great hope, often read at Christmas carol services: ‘The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." ~Queen Elizabeth II, December 25, 2015

“Like all families, we went through the full range of the pleasure and tribulations of bringing up children. I am, naturally, somewhat biased, but I think our children have all done rather well.” ~Queen Elizabeth (Proud mother and loving grandmother. As she prepares to take over as Britain's longest-reigning monarch (63 years on 9 September 2015), we look back at another job the Queen takes very seriously: matriarch.)

"Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and WAYWARD YOUNGSTERS and of family disagreements." ~Queen ER II

"Marriage is for man and woman." ~Queen Elizabeth Rules Out Gay Marriage In UK

"No institution… should expect to be free from the scrutiny of those who give it their loyalty and support, not to mention those who don't." ~Queen Elizabeth II 

"We have seen heart-warming stories of people coming together to help others, be it through delivering food parcels and medicines, checking on neighbours, or converting businesses to help the relief effort." ~Queen Elizabeth II, April 2020 on Covid 19

"When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future." ~Queen Elizabeth II (Starts at 60)

⊰✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•* ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.

RELATED QUOTES

⊰✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•* ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.•*ღ¸╭•⊰✿¸.


"My job first, second and last is never to let the Queen down!" ~Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh

"You can take it from me, the Queen has the quality of tolerance in abundance!” ~Prince Philip
("Tolerance is the one essential ingredient. You can take it from me that the Queen has the quality of tolerance in abundance." ~Prince Phillip on Queen's gentle nature).

The QUEEN'S TRIBUTE To PRINCESS DIANA on her Death, August 30, 1997

‘Diana was an exceptional and gifted human being.’

‘I admired and respected her — for her energy and commitment to others, and especially for her devotion to her two boys.’

'In good times and bad, she never lost her capacity to smile and laugh, nor to inspire others with her warmth and kindness.’

'It was indeed dreadfully sad, and she is a huge loss to the country. But the public reaction to her death and the service in the Abbey seem to have united people around the world in a rather inspiring way.’


FROM OTHERS on Queen Elizabeth II

"She is my inspiration to living a worthwhile and meaningful life well into old age. She has obviously been genetically blessed with her good health but she has also remained very engaged in life mentally and physically. I should imagine that her job at times could be very stressful. She would be privy to information that I would prefer not to know about. She must have nights when worry disturbs her sleep and yet the next day she has to rise and do her job, sign government papers, meet with officials and carry out engagements in public and smile and wave as if nothing is wrong. Not a job I would like." ~Debbie Bryant, On Queen Elizabeth II

"Their withstanding relationship is based on their mutual love and respect but also a shared sense of humour, after all Prince Philip is notoriously funny." ~Woman's Day

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝