"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

12/6/14

Quotes on APPRECIATION, THANKFULNESS and THANKSGIVING


"Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the Holy One!" ~Don Moen


APPRECIATION and THANKFULNESS

"A little "appreciation" sometimes does quite as much good as all the conscientious "bringing up" in the world. " ~L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

"Appreciation is a big component of marriage." ~Robin McGraw

"Appreciation is like an insurance policy. It has to be renewed every now and then." ~Dave McIntyre

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~John F. Kennedy

"Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times, you grow. Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement. Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character. Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons." ~Troy Amdahl

"Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough." ~Oprah

"Confidence is winning over self---not others. But we have to stir up the gift that is within us, see that we appreciate all the small things we can do well. We can only be what we give ourselves power to be." ~Chief Meninock

"Connection is most often found in quiet moments of appreciation." ~Doe Zantamata

"Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciating heart." ~Henry Clay

"Ensure you pause each day to savor each moment and appreciate what you love. To fully appreciate life, it is so important to savor, absorb and and appreciate each moment in your life. Whether you are at home, at work, running errands or traveling elsewhere, there is always something to appreciate and love." ~Heather Corinne Lang

"Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering." ~Charles Dickens

"Give this day as much appreciation as you imagine you would give to the best day of your life. If you do this, even for just one hour, you will surely “regain” and “take back” all of the gifts you could so easily have overlooked." ~Robert Holden

"GRATITUDE: A blessing doesn’t grow on a tree; it blossoms in your heart every time you give thanks." ~RobertClancy

“He who thanks but with the lips Thanks but in part; The full, the true Thanksgiving comes from the heart” ~JA Shedd

"Humans of all ages benefit from feeling seen, valued and appreciated in big and small ways." ~Genevieve, The Way of the Peaceful Parent

"In the depth of thankfulness, each breath is beautiful song." ~Gede Prama

"It is easy to be thankful when all is well. A Sufi is thankful not only for what he has been given but also for all that he has been denied." ~Shams Tabrizi

"Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return.Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you.Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it." ~Ralph Marston

"Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone, to experience, appreciate and love yourself." ~Robert Tew

"Thank God every morning when you get up that you have something to do which must be done, whether you like it or not. Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance, self-control, diligence, strength of will, content, and a hundred other virtues which the idle never know." ~Charles Kingsley

"Thankfulness brings you to the place where the Beloved lives." ~Rumi

"The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated. " ~William James

"...Those who stay clean, just appreciate things." ~Gary Snyder

"When you open your eyes in the morning, sit for a moment and appreciate the gift of a new day, create a peaceful thought and enjoy some moments of silence throughout the whole day." ~Positive Thoughts

"When you start with nothing, you learn to appreciate everything."~Anthony Gucciardi

“With a keen appreciation for the immaterial treasures that bring us closer to God, let us continue to pursue an agenda for genuine change that will be for the best interest of our people. I hope that we cherish with fondness, love and gratitude the spiritual inheritance left by our ancestors and loved ones on their special day." ~President RR Duterte, 1 November 2016


═══════════════
VERSES

I Live in the Land of Thankfulness

I love the Land of Thankfulness where blessings overflow.

I claim it as my native home, most charming land I know;

And if I've need of anything, no matter what it be,

I just give thanks with confidence and see it come to me.

I like to live in Thankfulness! Would live there all my days;

Would let its spirit stir my soul and fill my heart with praise.

I questioned once how I had found a place of such a kind;

Knew I'd discovered it, because I'd thankful thoughts in mind

Oh, come with me to Thankfulness! We ask this of you:

That you be always thankful, friend, but this is all you do.

And if there's anything you need, no longer doubt or fear;

The thing you seek's awaiting you, it surely will appear.

Copyright© 2004 - Frank B. Whitney
Founder of Unity Publication "Daily Word"

═══════════════

"Today I give thanks for it all,
Though I do not understand much of what I see,
I surrender anyway....
I trust in the Goodness of Life,
I open to the One that breathes me,
To the One who has given me one more day
To feel so alive and free"
~Flora Aube



THANKSGIVING

"What we say about our blessings and how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." ~Anon
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” ~William Arthur Ward

"I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual. . . O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches. No run on my bank can drain it, for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment." ~Henry David Thoreau

"Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest person it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow." ~Edward Sandford Martin

"Thanksgiving for me really was a time of being thankful. I think it is great for people of all ages to celebrate the day with good people, good food, and football, but I hope in the midst of our busy lives we have not forgotten the
importance of observing the real reason for the holiday: to give thanks." ~Matthias Reightman

"Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest people; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude." ~E.P. Powell

"Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are." ~Joyce Giraud

"We remember the Pilgrims on Thanksgiving Day, not so much for their turkey dinner, but for the sheer faith that inspired them to give thanks in a year that saw nearly half their number die of sickness. Yet they prayed with thanksgiving." ~Ralph F. Wilson

Source: http://www.livinglifefully.com



MY THANKSGIVING
(Excerpt)
. . .
"Now the trouble with you and me, my friend
Is the trouble with this nation
Too many blessings, too little appreciation
And I know that kind of notion--well, it just ain't cool
So send me back to Sunday school
Because I'm tired of waiting for reason to arrive
It's too long we've been living
These unexamined lives

I've got great expectations
I've got family and friends
I've got satisfying work
I've got a back that bends
For every breath, for every day of living
This is my Thanksgiving. . . .

Here in this fragmented world, I still believe
In learning how to give love, and how to receive it
And I would not be among those who abuse this privilege
Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge

And I don't mind saying that I still love it all
I wallowed in the springtime
Now I'm welcoming the fall
For every moment of joy
Every hour of fear
For every winding road that brought me here
For every breath, for every day of living
This is my Thanksgiving

For everyone who helped me start
And for everything that broke my heart
For every breath, for every day of living
This is my Thanksgiving."

By Don Henley
Source: Living Life Fully


╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝