"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

4/10/12

William Makepeace Thackeray Quotes


"A good laugh is sunshine in the house." ~William Makepeace Thackeray

"And my heart throbbed with an exquisite bliss." ~William Thackeray (British Novelist died 1863, his last words)

"Good humour may be said to be one of the very best articles of dress one can wear in society." ~William Makepeace Thackeray

"I am tempted to think that to be despised by her sex is a very great compliment to a woman." ~William Makepeace Thackeray (1811-1863)

"It is a friendly heart that has plenty of friends." ~William Makepeace Thackeray

"Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." ~William Makepeace Thackeray

"Never lose a chance of saying a kind word." ~William Makepeace Thackeray

"Next to excellence is the appreciation of it." ~William Makepeace Thackeray

"Remember it's as easy to marry a rich woman as a poor woman." ~William Thackeray

"The greatest tyrants over women are women." ~William Makepeace Thackeray (1811-1863)

"The world is a looking-glass, and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face. Frown at it, and it will in turn look sourly upon you; laugh at it and with it, and it is a jolly kind companion; and so let all young persons take their choice." ~William Makepeace Thackeray (July 18, 1811—December 24, 1863) in Vanity Fair

"To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best." ~William M. Thackeray on Love

"When I walk with you I feel as if I had a flower in my buttonhole." ~William Makepeace Thackeray

"When you look at me, when you think of me, I am in paradise." ~William Makepeace Thackeray from BrainyQuote

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝