"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

2/8/12

Gerry Spence Quotes

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." ~Gerry Spence
OTHERS:

“Children, as persons, are entitled to the greatest respect. Children are given to us as free-flying souls, but then we clip their wings like we domesticate the wild mallard. Children should become the role-models for us, their parents, for they are coated with the spirit from which they came- out of the ether, clean, innocent, brimming with the delight of life, aware of the beauty of the simplest thing; a snail, a bud....” ~Gerry Spence, Give Me Liberty: Freeing Ourselves in the Twenty-First Century (from Goodreads)

“I know love is worth the time it takes to find. Think of that when all the world seems made of walk up rooms and hands in empty pockets” ~Gerry Spence, Of Murder and Madness: A True Story (Goodreads)

“Love is how we feel toward those who show us that which is lovable about ourselves.” ~Gerry Spence, The Making of a Country Lawyer: An Autobiography (Goodreads)

“Skepticism, not cleanliness, is next to godliness. Skepticism is the father of freedom. It is like the pry that holds open the door for truth to slip in.” ~Gerry Spence, Seven Simple Steps to Personal Freedom: An Owner's Manual for Life (Goodreads)

“The most formidable chains are forged from beliefs. Ah, beliefs! Beliefs tear out the eyes and leave us blind and groping in the dark. If I believe in one proposition, I have become locked behind the door of that belief, and all other doors to learning and freedom, although standing open and waiting for me to enter, are now closed to me. If I believe in one God, one religion, yes, if I believe in God at all, if I have closed my mind to magic, to spirit, to salvation, to the unknown dimension that exist in the firmament, I have plunged my mind into slavery. Test all beliefs. Distrust all beliefs.” ~Gerry Spence, Seven Simple Steps to Personal Freedom: An Owner's Manual for Life (Goodreads)

“The old saw that "sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never harm me" does not, in fact, hold true.” ~Gerry Spence, How to Argue And Win Every Time: At Home, At Work, In Court, Everywhere, Everyday (Goodreads)

“The true test of liberty is the right to test it, the right to question it, the right to speak to my neighbors, to grab them by the shoulders and look into their eyes and ask, “Are we free?” I have thought that if we are free, the answer cannot hurt us. And if we are not free, must we not hear the answer?” ~Gerry Spence, Give Me Liberty: Freeing Ourselves in the Twenty-First Century (Goodreads)

“The way people move
is their autobiography in motion.” ~Gerry Spence (Goodreads)



╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝