"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

7/26/10

ALBERT CAMUS Quotes


"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon this world." ~Albert Camus

"An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself." ~Albert Camus 

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world." ~Albert Camus, L'Étranger from Everyman's Library

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf's a flower." ~Albert Camus

"But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?" ~Albert Camus

"Do not wait for the Last Judgment. It takes place every day." ~from THE FALL (1956) by Albert Camus

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." ~Albert Camus

"Every minute of life carries with it its miraculous value, and its face of eternal youth." ~Albert Camus

"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." ~Albert Camus

“I don't want to be a genius--I have enough problems just trying to be a man.” ~Albert Camus

“I have no idea what's awaiting me, or what will happen when this all ends. For the moment I know this: there are sick people and they need curing.”

~Albert Camus, ‘The Plague’


"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." ~Albert Camus

"If absolute truth belongs to anyone in this world, it certainly does not belong to the man or party that claims to possess it." ~Albert Camus

“In such a world of conflict, a world of victims and executioners, it is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.” ~Albert Camus

"In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love. In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile. In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm. In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there's something stronger – something better, pushing right back." ~Albert Camus

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.” ~Albert Camus

"Life is the sum of your choices." ~Albert Camus

“Life is a sum of all your choices. So, what are you doing today?”  ~Albert Camus

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is." ~Albert Camus

"Nobody realises that some people expend tremendous energy trying to be normal." ~Albert Camus 

"Not being loved is a simple misfortune; the true disgrace is not loving." ~Albert Camus

“On the ridge where the great artist moves forward, every step is an adventure, an extreme risk. In that risk however, and only there, lies the freedom of art. Like all freedom, it is a perpetual risk, an exhausting adventure, and this is why people avoid the risk today, as they avoid liberty with its exacting demands, in order to accept any kind of bondage and achieve at least comfort of soul. But if art is not an adventure, what is it and where is its justification?” ~Albert Camus

"Outside of that single fatality of death, everything, joy or happiness, is liberty." ~Albert Camus

"Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present." ~Albert Camus, 1913-1960, French Author and Philosopher

“The evil that is in the world almost always comes from ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding.” ~Albert Camus

"There is scarcely any passion without struggle." ~Albert Camus

"Those who lack the courage will always find a philosophy to justify it." ~Albert Camus

"We always deceive ourselves twice about the people we love — first to their advantage, then to their disadvantage." ~Albert Camus (A Happy Death (written 1938), first published in English, as translated by Richard Howard, in 1972. — in Paris, France)

"Where there is no hope, it is incumbent on us to invent it." ~Albert Camus

"You are forgiven for your happiness and successes only if you generously consent to share them." ~Albert Camus

“You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question.” ~Albert Camus

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life." ~Albert Camus

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝