"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

4/14/16

Banana Yoshimoto Quotes


“As I grow older, much older, I will experience many things, and I will hit rock bottom again and again. Again and again I will suffer, again and again I will get back on my feet. I will not be defeated. I won't let my spirit be destroyed.” ~Banana Yoshimoto

“But I have my life, I’m living it. It’s twisted, exhausting, uncertain, and full of guilt, but nonetheless, there’s something there.” ~Banana Yoshimoto

“Even when I try to stir myself up, I just get irritated because I can't make anything come out. And in the middle of the night I lie here thinking about all this. If I don't get back on track somehow, I'm dead, that's the sense I get. There isn't a single strong emotion inside me.” ~Banana Yoshimoto

"Life is made of small insignificant happiness, similar to tiny flowers. It's not only made of great things, like studying, love, weddings, funerals. Every day little things happen, so many not to keep them in mind or count them, and among them there are grains of a barely perceivable happiness, that the soul breathes and thanks to which it lives." ~Banana Yoshimoto

“No matter what, I want to continue living with the awareness that I will die. Without that, I am not alive.” ~Banana Yoshimoto

“No matter where you are, you're always a bit on your own, always an outsider.” ~Banana Yoshimoto

“People aren't overcome by situations or outside forces. Defeat comes from within.” ~Banana Yoshimoto

“Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.” ~Banana Yoshimoto

“That's the advantage of insomnia. People who go to bed early always complain that the night is too short, but for those of us who stay up all night, it can feel as long as a lifetime. You get a lot done." ~Banana Yoshimoto

"You have the nicest window, you know? None of the others can even compete. It´s not flashy like the others, or bleary – your window gives of this nice, quiet light." ~Banana Yoshimoto

BIO

Banana Yoshimoto is the pen name of Japanese writer Mahoko Yoshimoto. From 2002 to 2015, she wrote her name in hiragana.

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝