"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

6/2/13

JULIE ANDREWS Quotes from THE SOUND of MUSIC


Julie Andrews Quotes

"A lot of my life happened in great, wonderful bursts of good fortune, and then I would race to be worthy of it." ~Julie Andrews

"All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time." ~Julie Andrews

“Be a part of all that is decent and be an ambassador for the kind of world that you want to live in.” ~Julie Andrews

"Don't you get a swollen head. There's always someone who could come and do what you do, maybe even better, so be grateful and work hard." ~Julie Andrew's Mom

"I had a teacher who stressed for me the importance of diction in terms of supporting one's voice when one is singing. In other words, if you hold on to your words, your voice will pull through for you when you're singing. Supposing you have to sing, 'Behold thy king cometh unto thee' (from the Messiah). If you do a strong 'thee', it will help you with the '-hold', which is a much higher note. And it's the note before the note that matters, then you unpeel a song backwards. So be true to your vowels." ~Julie Andrews.

"Native to Alpine regions, this brave little flower takes its common name from the German "edel" for noble, and "weiss" for white, or purity. Early botanists were considered unusually daring if they brought an Edelweiss home, simply because they had to climb so high to retrieve it!" ~Julie Andrews on Edelweiss

"One of the ways I maintain perspective is by focusing on gratitude for what is working, what I am learning, and what I already have … which is so very much. If I can stay in the day and not get too far ahead of myself anticipating outcomes or fearing the worst, I can remember how much I have to be grateful for. It's not so much an avoidance mechanism — "I'll think about it tomorrow" — as it is asking myself, is this something I need to worry about today? Is there an action I need to take today? If not, can I use the day to stand still, to reflect further and maintain equilibrium?" ~Julie Andrews on mental health.

"Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth." ~Julie Andrews

"Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly." ~Julie Andrews (1934- )

"There's nothing better than running up a hillside while singing your heart out." ~Julie Andrews, The Sound of Music

"Who would imagine that life would have taken such marvellous twists and turns or that I would often be so fortunate to be in the right place at the right time." ~Julie Andrews

"You're never fully dressed without a smile..." ~Julie Andrews


OTHERS

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
every morning you greet me,
small and white, clean and bright
you look happy to meet me!
Blossom of snow
may you bloom and grow,
bloom and grow forever!
Edelweiss, Edelweiss,
bless my homeland forever!

I have confidence in sunshine
I have confidence in rain
I have confidence that
Spring will come again
Besides with you see
I have confidence in me!"

~Julie Andrews, The Sound of Music



"And keeping entirely in character, the autocratic head of the family came in last.  Hovering slightly by the doorway with his cheerful manager, Chris Plummer seemed reluctant to throw himself in. But several of the movie kids came over, hands outstretch to re-introduce themselves.  A good sport, he walked over to the group and joined in.  Seeing him with Julie you realize he really has always been a little bit in love with her, and he was as pleased as ever to see her." ~Ted Chapin,
 
"Broadway made her, Hollywood immortalized her. She's something constant, something classy, the voice, the diction, born of another time, another place." ~Edward Seckerson on Julie Andrews

"Her outlook has been the key to coping with a fair share of trials throughout her lifetime. As anyone who has read her memoir knows, she was a latchkey kid, raised during the Blitz. Courage, determination, and a glass-half-full perspective saw her through. In recent years, that same resilience has helped her handle other slings and arrows, from the loss of her singing voice to the passing of her husband after over 40 years of marriage. But her sparkle remains undimmed." ~Emma Walton Hamilton on Julie Andrews

"Julie doesn't know she's Julie Andrews. There's not a hint of ego." ~Michael Nouri on working with Julie Andrews in Victor/Victoria Broadway.

(Julie Andrews (Sound of Music) is Julia Elizabeth Wells in real life.)

"[...] something else that struck me about Julie, then and now: a tremendous sense of gratitude. She knows she's talented, but she doesn't think of herself as especially remarkable; she believes that some of her career has been a matter of pure luck and some of it has been due to the fact that people simply like her. She gives the impression that she doesn't really have any idea why that might be the case." ~Robert Wagner, excerpt from his book 'I Loved Her in the Movies: Memories of Hollywood's Legendary Actresses.' (On Julie Andrews)

"When Julie Andrews enters a room,  the room is improved." ~Larry King 

✻ღ♥*✿*•♥ღ✻

THE RESTS of the FILM

"Maria, these walls were not meant to shut out problems. You have to face them. You have to live the life you were born to live." ~Mother Abbess

"When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." 
~Maria

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝