"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

2/22/18

AESCHYLUS Quotes


"From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow." ~Aeschylus

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship." ~Aeschylus

"It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered. " ~Aeschylus

“Nothing forces us to know what we do not want to know." ~Aeschylus, The Oresteia (Everyman's Library)

“There is advantage in the wisdom won from pain.” ~Aeschylus, The Oresteia (Everyman's Library)

“What is there more kindly than the feeling between host and guest?” ~Aeschylus on Hospitality

BIO
Aeschylus was an ancient Greek tragedian often described as the father of tragedy. Academic knowledge of the genre begins with his work, and understanding of earlier Greek tragedy is largely based on inferences made from reading his surviving plays.


╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝