"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

12/12/17

Marcus Porcius Cato Quotes


"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one." ~Cato the Elder

"I think the first virtue is to restrain the tongue; he approaches nearest to gods who knows how to be silent, even though he is in the right." ~Marcus Porcius Cato

"I would much rather have men ask why I have no statue than why I have one." ~Marcus Porcius Cato

"If you are ruled by mind you are a king; if by body, a slave."  ~Cato the Elder 

"It is a difficult matter to argue with the belly since it has no ears." ~Marcus Porcius Cato

"Old age has deformities enough of its own. It should never add to them the deformity of vice." ~Marcus Porcius Cato

"Speech is the gift of all, but the thought of few." ~Marcus Porcius Cato

"The best way to keep good acts in memory is to refresh them with new." ~Marcus Porcius Cato

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise." ~Cato the Elder,

BIO

Marcus Porcius Cato, also known as Cato the Censor, the Elder and the Wise, was a Roman soldier, senator, and historian known for his conservatism and opposition to Hellenization. He was the first to write history in Latin with his Origines, a now fragmentary work on the history of Rome.


╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝