"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

6/17/14

Tony Bennett - father

"My father was my earliest inspiration and instilled in me a love of music. He had a beautiful singing voice and would often sing Italian folk songs to my brother, sister and I on the front steps of our home in Astoria, Queens. Although he passed away when I was only ten years old, I still have vivid memories of his beautiful voice and I was told by relatives that in his birthplace in Italy he would go to the top of the mountains and sing and everyone in the valley would be able to hear him. I was fortunate enough to visit my family's ancestral home in Podargani a few years ago and stand on that very same mountaintop and sing O Solo Mio. It was a moment I will never forget and while thinking of my father I want to wish everyone a Happy Father's Day" ~Tony Bennett