"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

5/22/14

William O. Cushing Quotes


"It was more beau­ti­ful than words can tell, and my heart seemed to be there." ~William O. Crushing, 1875

“One day ... I was reach­ing up for a bless­ing when suddenly there came down up­on my heart a vi­sion of the heav­en­ly count­ry. I seemed to look down up­on a ri­ver that like a mighty tide rolled be­neath me. Across, on the other side of this ri­ver, I saw an en­chant­ed land; its hills and val­leys were sleep­ing in a heav­en­ly calm. It was more beau­ti­ful than words can tell, and my heart seemed to be there. As I gazed up­on the scene, there came to my lips the words, ‘Beau­ti­ful val­ley of Eden.’ The vi­sion re­mained un­til I had writ­ten down the hymn; then it grad­u­al­ly fad­ed from my sight. But I want to say that the beau­ty of the hymn is large­ly due to Mr. Sher­win, who, by his rich mel­o­dy, has reached a deep­er chord than any mere words could ev­er have reached.” ~William O. Cushing, Author of Beautiful Valley of Eden, 1875

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝