"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

1/2/14

Chief DAN GEORGE Quotes


"A child does not question the wrongs of grown-ups, he suffers the." ~Chief Dan George (1899-1981)

"I would rather cover the earth with love than to have it cover me with hate" ~Chief Dan George

"If the legends fall silent, who will teach the children of our ways? ~Chief Dan George



"May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And above all, may silence make you strong."
~Chief Dan George

"The only thing necessary for tranquility in the world is that every child grows up happy." ~Chief Dan George

“There is a longing among all people and creatures to have a sense of purpose and worth. To satisfy that common longing in all of us we must respect each other.”  ~Chief Dan George

“We are as much alive as we keep the Earth alive.”  ~Chief Dan George

"Where no one intrudes, many can live in harmony." ~Chief Dan George

VERSES

"Love is something you and I must have.
We must have it because our spirit feeds upon it.
We must have it because without it we become weak and faint.
Without love our self-esteem weakens. Without it our courage fails.
Without love we can no longer look confidently at the world.
We turn inward and begin to feed upon our own personalities, and little by little we destroy ourselves...
With it we are creative.
With it we march tirelessly.
With it, and with it alone, we are able to sacrifice for others."
~Chief Dan George

🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

The beauty of the tree,
the softness of the air,
the fragrance of the grass,
speaks to me.

The summit of the mountain,
the thunder of the sky,
the rhythm of the sea,
speaks to me.

The strength of the fire,
the taste of salmon,
the trail of the sun,
and the life that goes away,
they speak to me.

And my heart soars.

~Chief Dan George
1899-1981


╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝