"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

1/30/13

Camille Pissarro Quotes


"All the sorrow, all the bitterness, all the sadness, I forget them and ignore them in the joy of working." ~Camille Pissarro

"At fifty, that is in 1880, I formulated the idea of unity, without being able to render it. At sixty, I am beginning to see the possibility of rendering it." ~Camille Pissarro

Yellow Orchids in Bohol
November 2011

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

"Everything is beautiful, all that matters is to be able to interpret." ~Camille Pissarro.

"Don't be afraid in nature: one must be bold, at the risk of having been deceived and making mistakes." ~Camille Pissarro

"I began to understand my sensations, to know what I wanted, at around the age of forty - but only vaguely." ~Camille Pissarro

"I regard it as a waste of time to think only of selling: one forgets one's art and exaggerates one's value." ~Camille Pissarro

"I remember that, although I was full of fervour, I didn't have the slightest inkling, even at forty, of the deeper side to the movement we were pursuing by instinct. It was in the air!" ~Camille Pissarro

"It is absurd to look for perfection." ~Camille Pissarro

"Observe that it is a great error to believe that all mediums of art are not closely tied to their time." ~Camille Pissarro

"Paint the essential character of things." ~Camille Pissarro

"Painting, art in general, enchants me. It is my life. What else matters? When you put all your soul into a work, all that is noble in you, you cannot fail to find a kindred soul who understands you, and you do not need a host of such spirits. Is not that all an artist should wish for?" ~Camille Pissarro

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝