"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

8/19/12

Charlotte Bronte Quotes


"As to the sufferers, whose sole inheritance was labor, and who had lost that inheritance; who could not get work, and consequently could not get wages, and consequently could not get bread; they were left to suffer on, perhaps inevitably left." ~Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855)

"Cheerfulness, it would appear, is a matter which depends fully as much on the state of things within, as on the state of things without and around us." ~Charlotte Bronte

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will." ~Charlotte Bronte

"I ask you to pass through life at my side – to be my second self, and best earthly companion." ~Charlotte Bronte

"I can live alone, if self-respect, and circumstances require me so to do. I need not sell my soul to buy bliss. I have an inward treasure born with me, which can keep me alive if all extraneous delights should be withheld, or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give." ~Charlotte Brontë ( Jane Eyre )

"I have for the first time found what I can truly love. I have found you." ~Charlotte Bronte (Jane Eyre)

"If people were always kind and obedient to those who are cruel and unjust; the wicked people would have it all their own way: they would never feel afraid, and so they would never alter, but would grow worse and worse. When we are struck at without a reason, we should strike back again very hard; I am sure we should — so hard as to teach the person who struck us never to do it again." ~Charlotte Bonte, from JANE EYRE (1847)

"If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship we must love friends for their sake rather than our own." ~Charlotte Bronte

"Look twice before you leap." ~Charlotte Bronte 

"Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized by education; they grow there, firm as weeds among stones." ~Charlotte Bronte (Jane Eyre)

"Self-righteousness is not religion. To attack the first is not to assail the last." ~Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855)

"Silence is of different kinds, and breathes different meanings." ~Charlotte Bronte

"There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort." ~Charlotte Brontë

“We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us; and it is in the unclouded night-sky, where His worlds wheel their silent course, that we read clearest His infinitude, His omnipotence, His omnipresence.” ~Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre

"You had no right to be born; for you make no use of life. Instead of living for, in, and with yourself, as a reasonable being ought, you seek only to fasten your feebleness on some other person's strength." ~Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855)

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗wI
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝