"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

7/29/12

Terry Tempest Williams Quotes


"As a writer, I have learned that each time I pick up my pencil I betray someone." ~Terry Tempest Williams

"I grew up in a culture in which it was a sin for a woman to speak out." ~Terry Tempest Williams

"I will never be able to say what is in my heart because words fail us, because it is in our nature to protect, because there are times when what is public and what is private must be discerned." ~Terry Tempest Williams

"Once upon a time … there was the simple understanding that to sing at dawn and to sing at dusk was to heal the world through joy. The birds still remember what we have forgotten, that the world is meant to be celebrated." ~Terry Tempest Williams 

“Our kinship with Earth must be maintained; otherwise, we will find ourselves trapped in the centre of our  own paved-over souls with no way out.” ~Terry Tempest Williams 

"Our sense of community and compassionate intelligence must be extended to all life forms, plants, animals, rocks, rivers, and human beings. This is the story of our past and it will be the story of our future." ~Terry Tempest Williams

"The only book worth writing is the book that threatens to kill you." ~Terry Tempest Williams

"The only thing I have done religiously in my life is keep a journal. I have hundreds of them, filled with feathers, flowers, photographs, and words - without locks, open on my shelves." ~Terry Tempest Williams

"There is an art to writing, and it is not always disclosure. The act itself can be beautiful, revelatory, and private." ~Terry Tempest Williams

"This is my living faith, an active faith, a faith of verbs: to question, explore, experiment, experience, walk, run, dance, play, eat, love, learn, dare, taste, touch, smell, listen, argue, speak, write, read, draw, provoke, emote, scream, sin, repent, cry, kneel, pray, bow, rise, stand, look, laugh, cajole, create, confront, confound, walk back, walk forward, circle, hide, and seek. To seek: to embrace the questions, be wary of answers." ~Terry Tempest Williams

"When I write, I put one foot in front of the other. It's an act of faith. I just follow my heart." ~Terry Tempest Williams

“Wilderness is not a place of isolation but contemplation.” ~Terry Tempest Williams

“Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.”  ~Terry Tempest Williams

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝