"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

6/29/12

STEPHEN KING Quotes


"Books are uniquely portable magic." ~Stephen King

“But I believe in love, you know; love is a uniquely portable magic. I don’t think it’s in the stars, but I do believe that blood calls to blood and mind calls to mind and heart to heart.” ~Stephen King 

"Even when love isn't enough…somehow it is." — Stephen King

"Few things are as lovely as having an uninterrupted hour with a good book." ~Stephen King

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." ~Stephen King

“I have spent a good many years since―too many, I think―being ashamed about what I write. I think I was forty before I realized that almost every writer of fiction or poetry who has ever published a line has been accused by someone of wasting his or her God-given talent. If you write (or paint or dance or sculpt or sing, I suppose), someone will try to make you feel lousy about it, that's all.” ― Stephen King

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” ~Stephen King

"Life is like a wheel. Sooner or later, it always come around to where you started again." ~Stephen King

"No one can tell what goes on between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change, you just come out the other side, or you don't." ~Stephen King

"Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty." ~Stephen King

"People want to know why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy - and I keep it in a jar on my desk." ~Stephen King

"Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure." ~Stephen King (From "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption")

“Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” ~Stephen King

"The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants everyday." ~Stephen King

“The road to hell is paved with adverbs.” ~Stephen King, On Writing

“The real importance of reading is that it creates an ease and intimacy with the process of writing; one comes to the country of the writer with one's papers and identification pretty much in order. Constant reading will pull you into a place (a mind-set, if you like the phrase) where you can write eagerly and without self-consciousness. It also offers you a constantly growing knowledge of what has been done and what hasn't, what is trite and what is fresh, what works and what just lies there dying (or dead) on the page. The more you read, the less apt you are to make a fool of yourself with your pen or word processor.” ~Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

"The scariest moment is always just before you start." ~Stephen King

"You can see the goldenrod, that most tenacious and pernicious and beauteous of all New England flora, bowing away from the wind like a great and silent congregation." ~Stephen King, 'Salem's Lot

BIO

Stephen Edwin King was born in Portland, Maine, on 21 September 1947.

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝