"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

5/24/12

Thought for Today on Respect

"Experience the bliss of Self-Respect and give respect to others at all times. When I am prejudiced against another, my narrow vision and small heart lower my self-dignity and self-worth." ~Thought for Today-UK

"Respect is never catching anyone out, never pulling at their shortcomings, so that they become a target for laughter. It means watching and nurturing strength and it is based on the awareness that everyone has value, because everyone is unique. It rests also on humility, because humility knows that what's visible in a fool is only a chapter in their whole story." ~Thought for Today-UK

"Respect is to recognise and appreciate the unique role of everyone. When I find myself having negative thoughts toward anyone, I need to look at the special role this person has to play. When I look closely, I will realise how talented they are, and will develop new respect for them. Without this particular person, the drama of life would not be complete." ~Thought for Today-UK