"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

4/22/12

James Whitcomb Riley Quotes and Poetry

"Dear Lord! Kind Lord!
Gracious Lord! I pray
thou wilt look on all I love,
tenderly today!
Weed their hearts of weariness;
scatter every care,
down a wake of angel wings
winnowing the air.
Bring unto the sorrowing
all release from pain;
let the lips of laughter
overflow again;
and with all the needy
O divine, I pray,
this vast treasure of content
that is mine today!

~James Whitcomb Riley

"The most essential factor is persistence - the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come." ~James Whitcomb Riley