"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

3/10/12

Jack London Quotes

"A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." ~Jack London

"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet." ~Jack London

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

"The proper function of man is to live -- not to exist." ~Jack London

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." ~Jack London