"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

5/31/11

Leo Buscaglia Quotes

"A life lived in love will never be dull." ~Leo Buscaglia (1924-1998)


"A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself - to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart." ~Leo F. Buscaglia

"A single rose can be my garden, a single friend, my world." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Because you are human, you do have magic. Get in touch with it. When you feel the insanity rising, don't push it down. Let it come out. Just once--and then let me know what happens!" ~Leo Buscaglia

"Chained by your attitude, you are a slave. You have forfeited your freedom. Only if you risk are you free." ~Leo Buscaglia 

"Change is the end result of all true learning." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Courage is the end result of all true learning." -Leo Bruscaglia from Journey to Peace

"Don't brood. Get on with living and loving. You don't have forever." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Every day we are offered new means for learning and growing in love." ~Leo Buscaglia

"I am often accused of being childish. I prefer to interpret that as child-like. I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things. I tend to exaggerate and fantasize and embellish. I still listen to instinctual urges. I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind. I never water my garden without soaking myself. It has been after such times of joy that I have achieved my greatest creativity and produced my best work." ~Leo Buscaglia

"I've always thought that people need to feel good about themselves and I see my role as offering support to them, to provide some light along the way." ~Leo Buscaglia

"I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make." ~Leo Buscaglia 

"Life is a great and wondrous mystery, and the only thing we know that we have for sure is what is right here right now. Don't miss it." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time." ~Leo F. Buscaglia on Adventure

"Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Love and the self are one, and the discovery of either is the realization of both." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Most of us remain strangers to ourselves, hiding who we are, and ask other strangers, hiding who they are, to love us." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don't over-analyze your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong." ~Leo Buscaglia

"The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises." ~Leo Buscaglia

"The hardest battle you're ever going to fight is the battle to be just you." ~Leo Buscaglia

"The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It's overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt." ~Leo Buscaglia

"The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live." ~L.B (Leo Buscaglia)

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ~Leo Buscaglia

"When man has love he is no longer at the mercy of forces greater then himself. For he, himself, becomes the powerful force." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Why do some people always see beautiful skies and grass and lovely flowers and incredible human beings, while others are hard-pressed to find anything or any place that is beautiful?" ~Leo Buscaglia

"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy." ~Leo Buscaglia

"You have choice. You can select joy over despair. You can select happiness over tears. You can select action over apathy. You can select growth over stagnation. You can select you. And you can select life. And it's time that people tell you you're not at the mercy of forces greater than yourself. You are, indeed, the greatest force for you." ~Leo Buscaglia

"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." ~Leo Buscaglia

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
THANK YOU
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝