"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn


"Friendship enhances our lives and gladdens our hearts." ~Francis Gay, The Friendship Book 2014 - in grateful thanks to Maurice Ware

4/15/11

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

"When you have got an elephant by the hind legs, and he is trying to run away, it is best to let him run." ~Abraham Lincoln, 28 June 2012 entry
"A man is about as happy as he makes up his mind to be." ~Abraham Lincoln

"All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" ~Abraham Lincoln

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Democracy is the government of the people, by the people, for the people" ~Abraham Lincoln

“Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.” ~Abraham Lincoln

"Die when I may, I want it said of me that I plucked a weed and planted a flower where ever I thought a flower would grow." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Fellow citizens, we cannot escape history." ~Abraham Lincoln on Citizenship

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." ~Abraham Lincoln

"God bless my mother; all I am or hope to be I owe to her." ~Abraham Lincoln

"He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help." ~Abraham Lincoln

"I am a slow walker, but I never walk backwards." ~Abe Lincoln

"I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down." ~Abraham Lincoln

"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." ~Abraham Lincoln

"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends" ~Abraham Lincoln

"I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so until the end." ~Abraham Lincoln

"I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day." ~Abraham Lincoln

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life" ~Abraham Lincoln

"I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." ~Abraham Lincoln

"I would rather be a little nobody, than to be an evil someday." ~Abraham Lincoln

"It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him." ~Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"Let the people know the truth and the country is safe"~Abraham Lincoln

"Let's "greet this day with a forgiving spirit!" ~Abraham Lincoln

"Live a good life. And n the end, it's not the years in a life, it's the life in the years." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." ~Abraham Lincoln

"My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln

"No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy." ~Abraham Lincoln

"No man is good enough to govern another man without the other's consent." ~Abraham Lincoln

"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." ~Abraham Lincoln

"The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend." ~Abraham Lincoln

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." ~Abraham Lincoln

"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships." ~Abraham Lincoln

"The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left after those who hustle." ~Abraham Lincoln


"This nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth."~Abraham Lincolm

"Those who cannot stand to fight for Liberty and Dignity, deserve none." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~Abraham Lincoln

"When I'm getting ready to reason with a man, I spend one-third of my time thinking about myself and what I am going to say and two-thirds thinking about him and what he is going to say." ~Abraham Lincoln

“With the catching ends the pleasure of the chase” ~Abraham Lincoln

"With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die." ~Abraham Lincoln

"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong." ~Abraham Lincoln

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." ~Abraham Lincoln

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝