"Where there is peace, God is." ~George Herbert

"Carve your blessings in stone." ~Anon
"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn
"Dictum sapienti sat est - A word to a wise person is sufficient." ~Cicero Ovid Seneca

"May your pen happily writes ...™ ©Leah C Dancel

3/21/11

Anais Nin Quotes


"A friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." ~Anais Nin

"Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age." ~Anais Nin

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin

"Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go." ~Anais Nin from I Must Be A Mermaid

"As my desire to bloom arrived, I flourished. No longer fearing the journey it takes to truly open and unfold. Deeply I breathe in as my breath is taken away. I found my voice, yet even as it lay dormant in the quiet As I stumbled in the sometimes darkness and fell, Standing back up brushing off the bruises I knew I had found my way. " ~Anais Nis

"Do not seek the because - in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions.” ~Anais Nin

"Dreams pass into the reality of action. From the actions stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living." ~Anais Nin

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." ~Anais Nin

"From the backstabbing co-worker to the meddling sister-in-law, you are in charge of how you react to the people and events in your life. You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead." ~Anais Nin

"Good things happen to those who hustle." ~Anais Nin

"How can I accept a limited, definable self, when I feel, in me, all possibilities?" ~Anais Nin

"How well I know with what burning intensity you live. You have experienced many lives already, including several you have shared with me." ~Anaïs Nin

“How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?” ~Anaïs Nin

“I am lonely, yet not everybody will do. I don't know why, some people fill the gaps and others emphasize my loneliness. In reality those who satisfy me are those who simply allow me to live with my ''idea of them.” ~Anaïs Nin

“I am only responsible for my own heart, you offered yours up for the smashing my darling. Only a fool would give out such a vital organ” ~Anaïs Nin

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." ~Anaïs Nin

"I'm restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again." ~Anais Nin

“I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Anaïs Nin

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." ~Anaïs Nin

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings." ~Anaïs Nin

“My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to find peace with exactly who and what I am. To take pride in my thoughts, my appearance, my talents, my flaws and to stop this incessant worrying that I can’t be loved as I am.” ~Anais Nin

"Our life is composed greatly from dreams from the unconscious, and they must be brought into connection with action. They must be woven together." ~Anais Nin

"She walked the streets and frequented the cafés with a feeling of hunger and curiosity; she wanted something new, something she had not yet experienced." ~Anaïs Nin

"The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself." ~Anais Nin

"The time came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud became more painful than the risk it took to bloom." ~Anais Nin

"There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person." ~Anais Nin

“We are going to the moon that is not very far. Man has so much farther to go within himself.” ~Anaïs Nin

“We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.” ~Anaïs Nin

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." ~Anais Nin

"We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls." ~Anais Nin

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect." ~Anais Nin

"When you make a world tolerable for yourself, you make a world tolerable for others." ~Anais Nin

"When you possess light within, you see it externally." ~Anais Nin

"You live out the confusions until they become clear." ~Anais Nin

"You are in charge of how you react to the people and events in your life. You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead. Take control and choose to focus on what is important in your life. Those who cannot live fully often become destroyers of life." ~Anaïs Nin

"You cannot save people, you can only love them." ~Anais Nin

"You don't find love, it finds you. It's got a little bit to do with destiny, fate, and what's written in the stars." ~Anais Nin

“You have a right to experiment with your life. You will make mistakes.” ~Anais Nin

╔═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╗
Thank You
╚═════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════╝